Thank you and Good Night. Errrrr, I mean……
Thank You and HELLO! This Is Just The Beginning!!
I have been completely overwhelmed at the amazing support, feedback and interest you guys have shown in Welcome to Wellness from Imperfectly Pure this last 4 weeks. It has been an amazing journey for me and you have truly inspired me to bring you the most interesting stuff I can, and share with you as much as I can.
From Nikki and her Travelzoo girls who are now keen Oil Pullers, to Sam, who has been smashing the short HIIT workouts, to Tammy, who is now considering giving up coffee (WHHAAATTT!), to Becky who let me know how helpful she finds the little doses of happiness and positivity every day, to Kate in America who has two small kids and needs easy, quick food ideas, to Dean & Paul, two of my hard-core spinners who did a Himalayan Salt Flush, complete with WhatsApp Group to update each other on “progress” – you have ALL inspired me, as have so many more of you!!! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING and I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart. Namaste to all of you 🙂
So, what DID we actually do the last 4 weeks I hear you cry in bewilderment?! Cos believe me I feel like my brain is going to explode just thinking about it…..we did a lot!
28 Happy and Positive Thoughts
(I like to think of these as my cookies), yes, I know many of them featured Kenny and Gloria but what can I say? They demand camera time so I have to give it to them. These Cookies also featured my amazing family and friends, yoga, the sky, the sea, nature, Bugsy Malone, Unicorns…all the things that I love dearly and make me smile.
28 Star Spotlight Ingredients
I included these ingredients in quick and nutritious meals! Each of these ingredients I picked because they contain fantastic healing properties:
- Antioxidant power: meaning they quench oxidative damage which underlies the whole ageing process
- Polyphenol Power: These often protect us from infection but also, in a highly intelligent way, seem to switch off disease processes and switch on healthy genetic switching that help us stay healthy and live long.
- Skinny Sirtuins: nicknamed the ‘skinny’ genes because they help you burn fat and build muscle. The first identified was resveratrol in the red skin of grapes and peanuts. Others include green tea, cocoa powder, turmeric, kale, onions, olives, parsley
- Contain Anti-cancer salvestrols: these are molecules found in common plants that have a strong anticancer effect.
All of the recipes are up on my website, and over the next few weeks I will be creating a dedicated recipes page so you can find them all much easier! Below are the ingredients by week!
- Week 1: Blueberries, Kale, Olives, blackcurrant, Broccoli, Cherries, Artichokes
- Week 2: Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Red Cabbage, Avocado, Asparagus, Apple
- Week 3: Chocolate, Onions, Green Tea, Watercress, Beetroot, Basil, Parsley
- Week 4: Watermelon, Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Spinach, Mint, with Cauliflower and Oregano STILL TO COME!!
I also spoke about the benefits of other ingredients I love like Apple Cider Vinegar, Preserved Lemons, and my other cupboard essentials HERE
And it became clear to all of us that I love Smoothies and Face Masks in this weird video that I had forgotten about!
Creating a Balanced Body
- I focused on the benefits of HIIT in weeks 1 and 2 with some short, sharp, time-effective workouts you could do at home, as well as some yoga!
- I recorded lots of RIDIC videos covering Ab blasts, strength, and more – I am not made for TV!! They are all on my You Tube Channel – just click here!
- I also spoke about Natural Colon Cleanses, and enemas in this Blog Post: Got Constipation?! Need Elimination?
- And the Importance of Magnesium, for Balancing both mind and body in: Magnesium for a Balanced Mind & Body
Creating a Balanced Mind
Relaxation is incredibly important to create balance and I touched on this many times across the 4 weeks, in particular in these posts:
- Sunday Relaxation Video where I read one of my favourite poems to read at the end of my yoga class
- Meditation for Beginners: The Mind is Everything, What we Think we Become
- Mindful Walking, inspired by the recent tube strike (whatever TFL). The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive you will see it!
I also went into detail about how many of the things I talk about and Imperfectly Pure stands for can increase your feelings of wellness, because everything is related! For example, by being curious and expanding your knowledge through Imperfectly Pure, you have increased your Intellectual Wellness!! WHHAAAAAAAAAT! AND, By taking some time to walk outside and get your body some much-needed Vitamin D, you are experiencing connection with nature and your surroundings, which increases your feelings of Spiritual wellness – these are just two examples! Read more about what wellness actually means, and how I intend Imperfectly Pure to help you below:
So you can see, we have covered a great deal and it has been the most amazing experience for me to be able to share the stuff I love so much with you. My aim now is to continue with Imperfectly Pure, through weekly blog posts, daily doses of happiness and all of the new things I am learning that go to support the philosophy of Imperfectly Pure:
80% Natural + 20% Naughty = 100% Balanced Wellness
I attended the first part of my Natural Skincare course on Saturday at the College of Naturopathic Medicine, and start my Nutrition Course tomorrow, so believe me, there will be loads, including my own teeny tiny natural skincare line!
So please please stay Tuned, sign up to the blog and contact me if you think I could help you either start your journey to Wellness, or continue it: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, to thank you even more, I am running a little competition. I hope that you all enter! I would like to know:
What is the most useful/ interesting thing you have learnt from Imperfectly Pure so far?
The winners will receive their own personalised and customised 100% organic, plant-based skincare range and a session with me, where I will give you advice on all areas of Wellness. I hope that you will be able to enter, I will post reminders soon! Send your entries to email@example.com please!
with much love,