Today’s star ingredient is the humble Red Cabbage. You may be able to tell from just a quick glance at a head of red cabbage that its intense purple colour reveals a strong concentration of antioxidants.
Antioxidants are disease fighting and can enhance the immune system. Red cabbage is also a rich source of essential vitamins A and C that can help reduce your risk of cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart disease.
This takes just 10 minutes to prepare! And can easily be enhanced by adding some beans, grains, or chick peas! Mine is packed and ready for lunch tomorrow 😊
- head of red cabbage
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped finely
- Handful flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed Flax Oil (or, extra-virgin olive oil) plus more to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 piece turmeric root
- cracked pepper to taste
- Chuck everything into a food processor and pulse a few times to get the desired consistency
- Top with the lemon, salt , pepper and a sliced avocado!
- Ta da!
- Ps: Don’t process too much or your cabbage will be like rice
This is a very simple salad – packed with vitamins and minerals. It has a punchy taste!!! I hope you enjoy it 🙅🏼