here is the recipe for Welcome to Wellness Day 6! They are my Raw Blackcurrent Bites 🍒🙅🏼
Blackcurrents carry significantly high levels of flavonoid photochemicals: scientific studies suggest these can help ward against ageing, inflammation, cancer and neurological disease. Blackcurrents have 1 of the highest antioxidant values of all fruits, are an excellent source of Vitamin C, A, B Vitamins and Iron! I can’t remember the last time I ate Blackcurrents!
Time needed; 10 minutes
- 2 tea cups of mixed nuts (I used walnuts, almond, cashew)
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (any will do but I used walnut)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 big squeezes of honey
- 1chopped carrot
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small piece of peeled turmeric root
- Few dashes of coconut milk
- Small punnet of Blackcurrents
Then scoop the mixture into moulds if you have any, or an ice cube tray (like moi) and pop in the freezer to set for half an hour! Then you can pop the bites out and store in a Tupperware in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to eat! These are a quick, fantastic, protein and vitamin rich snack 💗🍒💕 enjoy!